Friday, October 9, 2009

Team Starnes Needs Your Support!

You have undoubtedly heard me make mention of TribeCon recently. Probably several times. OK, let's face it it's all I talk about! But, just in case you haven't heard about it, you can find all the details on the site or Facebook Page.

But, this isn't about just about TribeCon. This is about a little healthy competition between myself and my co-producer Chris Schultz. See, Chris made these really awesome high quality videos promoting the conference. They are really nice. And I don't care at all that I don't have any glossy videos myself. Because see, I am all about the grassroots, authentic gritty truth. Which is the only reason I posted my own videos. It wasn't about competition at all. Really.

But then he kept posting those fancy videos. And before I knew it, in a fierce fit of competitiveness, I challenged him to sell more tickets than I could. Loser has to perform an embarrassing act of the onstage prior to the TribeCon keynote. Thing is though, Schultz has like 5 million Followers and a "real" blog that people actually read. So, I am basically screwed.

But, before admitting defeat and practicing my "I'm a little teapot" dance. I am going to give it a shot. And I need your help. Even if you aren't a geeky tech Twitter freak. Please make me look popular and save some face! At the very least help me talk some smack on Facebook.

So, if you buy a ticket to TribeCon, enter the code "Starnes" for a 25% discount. If you don't buy a ticket, at least join the Facebook page and add smileys to everything I say.

No comments: